Friday, July 27, 2012


Official Visit # 11, Taos-Milagro
July 25, 2012

After leaving Raton I found myself on one of the most beautiful highways in our district.  The lush forest with a great deal of water running in the streams was a very unusual sight for someone from the south.  I enjoyed the winding roads and the vistas of scenery that were breath taking.  What an incredible district we have.  This is too incredible for words.

Upon my arrival in Taos I was hosted by John and Rotarian Prudy Abeln at the Dream Catchers B&B.  This is a beautiful little piece of heaven in Taos.  That evening I attended a board meeting with President John and several of the board members.  The discussion was great and as usual, the food was good too.

The next morning found me at a 7:20 AM meeting with the Taos-Milagro Club.  This club continues to grow and find new and different was to increase revenue and to serve the community.  Under the leadership of President John Crouch, this club is bound to do many great things.  I learned of projects and plans that are amazing.  I was taken by the enthusiasm of this club and its commitment to be part of the district.  This club is the home club of GSE District Chair Yale, ADG Prudy and ADG Lisa.  My visit was short, but so full of wonders.  Thank you Taos, great job.

Getting ready to eat again?

Rotarians in fellowship.  How great is that?

Me and President John.

No comments: