Sunday, September 16, 2012

Official Visit # 24, Espanola

August 21, 2012

The Espanola club knows how to treat visitors to their town.  The arranged for a wonderful room as I arrived and then sent my dear friend Ken Beesley to drive me to a board meeting and social at a great little restaurant in town.  There I was welcomed by not only the members of the board, but also some members of the Los Alamos club to share in the pleasures of the evening.

President Thomas and I had a nice long visit that evening centering on the image of the club by the community and also by its members.  During the discussion I began to see a change in the vision of the President of this strong little club.  I saw passion in his eyes and began to see through him, a club that is more active than they even knew.

As we met the next morning for the regular meeting, President Thomas opened the meeting announcing the Obituary of the "Little, Trying not to Die, Espanola Club".  He then excited all of us in his thoughts of this being the "Espanola Club that is growing, exciting, and ready to go to work".  I watched a new found energy fill the room as a true leader refocused the members with energy and excitement.

As I left Espanola, I was proud of the leadership displayed and the response of the club.  This club is well on its way to bigger and greater things because it knows it can.  This was a huge visit and I am proud of all Rotarians in the Espanola Valley.


The club gathers early in the morning.
Speaking to a exciting, growing club.
 
President Thomas and me.

No comments: