Sunday, September 16, 2012

Official Visit # 31, Mountainair

September 13, 2012

Here is a small community, with a small club, having a small budget, helping in a huge way.  This is a club of 16.  This is a country club.  A club that welcomes and impresses.

This was a meeting that I would characterize as a kitchen table conversation.  I thoroughly enjoyed this visit.  I found out about the addressed needs of the community and how this little club shows its heart at every turn.  They are involved in every aspect of the community.  Each is a leader in this little town.  This is actually the Chamber of Commerce.

As we visited and as we began to find out everywhere this club is involved I was warmed by the activity and the caring of the members.  This club impressed me hugely.  The don't have the assets or the resources to make things happen as a club, but they make things happen.  The members never say die attitude is so infectious.  Holy Cow, am I proud to be a Rotarian.

Gathering for service.

 

Time for discussion.

Time for visiting


 

No comments: