Sunday, September 16, 2012

Official Visit # 29, Socorro

August 29, 2012

I pulled into Socorro not really knowing what to expect or how to react to this club.  My contact with the Socorro club has been very limited.  There is nothing strange here, just a new environment for me.  As I walked in the door, as always, I was greeted with smiles and hugs.  

As we met and visited, I discovered a club that had very little collective idea of the impact they make on their community.  We talked about projects and fundraisers.  We visited about kid's and children's programs.  We had fun discovering the greatness of the Rotary Club of Socorro together.  It was a great time.

The members of this club are all open to change or modification.  They are willing to step out of the Rotary Wheel to do things just a little differently to reach those in need.  They are true Rotarians in a small town doing huge things.  This is a great club.  I had a wonderful journey home just thinking about this club.  Fantastic!


You duck this way and I will duck that way and the tomatos
will never hit us.

 
 
President Jim and me.

No comments: