Sunday, September 16, 2012

Official Visit # 28, Ruidoso

August 28, 2012

Where else should you go in the dog days of summer to cool and refresh except to the tall pines of Ruidoso and thankfully that is exactly where Jim and Elaine scheduled me.  Great Job!

Ruidoso was devastated by fires this year and I was very curious to see and hear from the club members about what they were doing in the wake of that fire.  Well, I was not disappointed.  This mighty club stepped up in ways that you can't imagine, but that is not what touched my heart.  Yes, the club has done the right things and the Rotary things all just as we all expect, but that is Rotary.

What really touched me is to hear the stories of Rotarians acting as neighbors and friends.  They supported the community as individuals with a calling, not waiting of others to call and organize, but stepping out and doing all the things that needed to be done.  Individually and collectively they shined the Rotary Wheel in Ruidoso and made us all very proud.  I am very humbled by their actions and their efforts.  I feel like a proud parent.  Way to go Ruidoso, lead us all.

Another Rotary Club eating with joy.

Inducting two new members.  A real honor for me.  Thank you.

President Georgia and me.
 

No comments: