Saturday, July 31, 2010

Boy's RYLA 7-29-10

Shane LeMon does a great job with this as do his counselors.  I had the opportunity to speak to over 60 young men about self esteem, pride, the importance of asking questions throughout life, and decision making.  Had a great Q&A time afterward.  That night was their speech contest, obviously something close to my heart and many of the fellas were well prepared.  It was neat to see so many future leaders fired up to make things happen in their life and in the life of those around them.  Seemed like strong Interact participation at this year's RYLA as well.

On the way to RYLA I came up to this sign.  Great thing about being District Governor and driving the largest District in the continental US, I get to find towns in New Mexico/W. Texas I never knew about. 

No comments: