Friday, September 10, 2010

O.V. #29 RC of Hobbs 9-9-10

Ahh yes, the mighty town of Hobbs, home of the Hobbs Eagles (perenially tough high school basketball team who my RHS Coyotes lost to in the state championship my sophomore year).  

Also home to the Rotary Club of Hobbs, a very neat, tradition rich club.  

We met the night before for a dinner reception and board meeting.  This was a real treat and we did the usual 'lightening round' of questioning to get to know each other better.  I thank you all for being so open and for having invited me to dinner.  

President Patty is juggling many 'opportunities' within her club and one of the most exciting is that they are considering chartering a new breakfast club.  I think this is a great idea and there are several towns the size of Hobbs that have 2-3 Rotary clubs.  I also am excited about her passion to see her club develop as it addresses many of the challenges the rest of the clubs in our district face.   They have distributed 'be my guest' cards to the membership as well as presented the 'TARGET' and Governor's Club.

TP and President Patty
Board meeting dinner
RC Hobbs board



No comments: