Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rotary Club of Texico-Farwell

I'm glad I didn't bring my golf clubs to Texico-Farwell!  This club is loaded with great golfers and I'm sure I would have left with my wallet empty!  Such a great club with wonderful Rotarians.  At the end of July, they cook BBQ for both cities as a public relations event to get the word out about Rotary.  They participated with the Rotary Club of Clovis in purchasing wheelchairs for Belize.  They give out two scholarships to seniors in both Texico High School and Farwell High School.  They sent four students to RYLA.  The club donated money and equipment to the Senior Citizens Center.  They also hold two golf scrambles during the year to raise money.  President Chad Byrd has this club going strong and I know they will accomplish a lot this year.

Discussing the year's activities

President Chad Byrd

A true singing club

President Chad Byrd

No comments: