Wednesday, July 18, 2012


Official Visit #6, Tularosa
 July 17, 2012


Well what do you know?  This district is batting 1000, six for six.   I have made six visits with six incredible clubs all having outstanding members.  It must be Rotary.

Today I visited the Rotary Club of Tularosa.  We had a brief board meeting prior to the regular meeting.  As I listened to the answers to the questions asked, I was blown away by the responses.  This little club is everywhere doing everything in the community.

Benches at the mass transportation stops, literacy programs, giving dictionaries to the fifth graders in Tularosa and Mescalero, sponsoring a Cub Scout Pack, working the county fair gate, working through the grant process to supply facilities in the community to honor the past,…………and so much more!

The meeting was very lively and spirited.  It is very evident that not only does this club do a lot for the community; they also do a lot for each other.   It was a true pleasure to visit this club and as I drove away I was filled with pride to know that Tularosa has this Rotary Club working to make their community a better place.  Keep up the great work!

Social time prior to the meeting.

Sharing information about Rotary to the club.

President Kerry and me.

No comments: