Sunday, September 16, 2012

Official Visit # 23, Albuquerque

August 20, 2012


This is one of the larger clubs in our district.  As I entered the room I was greeted by a whole host of friends and relations that I have made over the years.  This was like old home week.  We spent time in visiting about the pasts and laughing about some of the wonderful times we had together.

As I studied for this visit I was taken by the commitment to the community and to the efforts this club makes to give to those in need in Bernalillo County and Albuquerque as well as the balance of those they touch through Rotary International.  The members were kind and willing to hear ideas that come from the heart as theirs appears to always be open to new and different ideas and ventures.

Once the meeting had concluded I met with the board in a very open and thought provoking meeting.  The board is not afraid to tackle the tough issues, but in the discussion I found the members to be willing and open to all sides of the discussion and willing to compromise.  This was a wonderful meeting.  Rotary is alive and well in Albuquerque.


Presenting to a wonderful club.

 

Me and President Joan
A very humbling welcome.

No comments: