Thursday, August 26, 2010

No Room At The Inn (Raton) 8-23-10

So I get into Raton, and without a reservation anywhere.  I try the Holiday Inn, nope.  But they recommended this place called the Robin Hood (Raton, NM)

Very nice owners, but the interesting thing when I opened the door to my room, it looked like a time machine to a late 60's or very early 70's motel..... I kind of laughed a bit until I started looking around to see how clean everything was.  As a self proclaimed germophobe, this place for having power outlets without a ground (I had to get an adapter from the hotel to use my laptop) was really really clean and I slept like a rock.  Never judge a book by the cover.  Good recommendation from the Holiday Inn staff.

I also got to drive by the Pappas Restaurant (whose son Nick lived in Roswell, and Nick's sons and I went to high school together).  Mike Pappas still runs it (Nick's brother).  Good place to eat as well as the Crystal....

No comments: