Thursday, August 05, 2010

O.V. #18 RC of Roswell 8-5-10

Home Turf Tour finale

The one club visit I have been waiting on and it didn't disappoint.  This club has a ton of potential and they just need to act on it!  Down from a high in membership of 165 a few years ago, this 130 member club is really looking for one of those break through moments.  I know they can do it. 

Typical of many clubs in our District, this one has at least 3 if not 4 generations of Rotarians trying to find their way in Rotary and how it relates to them.  President Phelps and many of the club Rotarians have been by my side for quite a while now as we have prepared for this year and this group is moving forward with many of our TARGET objectives.  I am excited to see what comes from this club over the next months.

 Many of these Rotarians have watched me grow up, they believed in me by allowing me to help develop the Roswell Sunrise Rotary (www.roswellsunriserotary.org) along with 24 other charter members, and so many of those I spoke to today have been behind me for years..... It is really overwhelming to have that level of support. 

"A lot of people have gone farther than they thought they could because someone else thought they could".  Roswell Rotary, Pecos Valley Rotary, and Roswell Sunrise, your friendship and support is greatly appreciated!





TP w/ President Elect Colt Gipson (it was his first time to sub for President Phelps, he did a great job)
Ed Kruse, 48 years perfect attendance and the first person in the District to sign a District commitment card back in February
U.S. Congressional Candidate Steve Pearce was my opener!  Nice!

No comments: