Saturday, February 19, 2011

O.V. #67 RC of Alpine 2-16-11

As of this writing I have no pictures from RC Alpine (still waiting on two folks to send it to me).  My camera battery died, so I will update when I get the pics from their people.
Alpine is a really neat small town, the southern most in our district.  The club itself has been around since 1923 (one of the older clubs in the district).  President and Assistant Governor Lou Pauls is very well organized and is a great ambassador to Van Horn, Alpine, Marfa, and Ft. Stockton Rotary Clubs.  This club is very active and voted to send 5 young people to RYLA.  That is a big deal for a small club.  Yea for you guys for stepping up and making an impact in young lives like that.  

A club with a ton of potential, their town is ripe with many folks who could be potential Rotarians.  While I was there I made 23 business contacts, many of whom didn't know about Rotary, so this club has the ability to grow.  

AG Lou is also owner of the MAVERICK INN.  This motel, especially the 'Governor's Suite' would be how I would have my personal guesthouse.  Dual head showers, very comfortable beds, and interior wise, similar to how I would do it.  I highly recommend this Rotarian owned hotel.  

I was able to hit  Sul Ross bball game on Thursday night (they lost to Hardin Simmons) as well get in a couple miles on the Sul Ross track early Friday morning.

Thank you guys for taking care of me. 

No comments: