Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Rotary Club of Belen

This is the club that introduced me to Rotary and sponsored me to attend RYLA.  It was so much fun to see these Rotarinans and catch up on old times.  This was a true homecoming for me.  What a wonderful club that believes in Service Above Self.  A special "thank you" to Past President Paul Baca who stepped in to help President Norm McDonald who recently had surgery and could not attend the meeting.  We all wish him a speedy recovery!!  It was a true honor to induct a new member into the Rotary Club of Belen.  This new member, Linda Couch, is also employed by the New Mexico Boys and Gilrs Ranches.  She is the Co-Administrator of The Ranches and will be a great asset to this club.  The Rotary Club of Belen celebrates its 75th Anniversary this year.  It was my pleasure to present the club with a certificate from Rotary International.

Talking with Past President George Koch.  George was one
of the members of the club who chose to send me to RYLA

Past President Paul Baca giving Michele flowers

Inducting new member Linda Couch with the help of
Rotarian Phil Gregory (who was my high school track coach)

New Memeber Linda Couch and Phil Gregory

Presenting the 75th Anniversary Certificate to
Past President Paul Baca (who I attended high school with)

No comments: